Efficiency and resilience of forage resources and small ruminant production to cope with global challenges in Mediterranean areas
Meknes, Morocco, 23 to 25 October 2019
The next Joint Meeting of the FAO-CIHEAM Network for Research and Development in Sheep and Goats (Subnetworks on Nutrition and Production Systems) and the FAO-CIHEAM Subnetwork for the Research and Development of Mediterranean Pasture and Forage Resources will take place in Meknes, Morocco, from 23 to 25 October 2019.
Participation is open to researchers, technicians, post-graduate students and other professionals working to improve the small ruminant sector and forage and pasture resources across Mediterranean countries and beyond.
Please find below the titles of the scientific sessions:
- Plenary session 1: What production systems and product chains to meet efficiently the societal demands?
- Resilient and efficient production systems and value chains in Maghreb and North Mediterranean? Two shores but shared problems and opportunities
- Feed and food safety and issues in Mediterranean countries
- Plenary session 2: Meeting the challenge of climate change by resilient Mediterranean agro-pastoral systems.
- Plenary session 3: Improve the contribution of forage in the feeding systems.
- Paralell session 1. Nutritional strategies and alternative feed for small ruminants
- Parallel session 2. Promising forage resources for production systems in Mediterranean areas
- Paralell session 3. ISAGE Workshop: Innovation for Sustainable Sheep and Goat Production
- Round Table on pastoralists and extensive livestock farmers: sustainable life for peoples producing food and delivering public goods